Personal Finance Course (Day 8) - Leon Hoang

At last, we have arrived at the end of our long personal finance journey. And I loved every minute of it.

We started the morning reflecting on what the course goals were, what we learned, what went well, and things that could be improved for the next year. When asked if the course should continue in future years, the class replied with a resounding "yes." As if anyone would say no after the valuable information we've learned in this last week and a half. I even suggested that we re-establish having Personal Finance and Investments be separate courses, on J-term and M-term respectively. Afterward, we reviewed the winners of our friendly Investopedia competition. I placed 5th– not bad for a first time day-trader! 

For lunch, we went off-campus to a lovely barbecue restaurant called The Pit Room. That pound of brisket was some of the best I've ever had, and it was a nice treat to cap off the course outings. When we returned, we were rewarded with a special showing of the animated movie of the year: Puss in Boots: The Last Wish. This was a student-requested movie and we were ecstatic that it got approved after days of pleading for it. As for the question of how it deals with personal finance... no comment. We spent the remainder of the day finishing up any leftover outstanding work and preparing for the J-Term presentation next week. 

This course (with the exception of Jamaica) has been my favorite J-Term to date, and I thoroughly enjoyed every single day. I managed to apply the things I've learned to my financial life instantly, and now I have a solid plan for the future. I can't stress how helpful this class has been, and I think that every Post Oak student should do it at least one time before they graduate. It has truly been a hell of a ride, and I thank the course supervisors, Dr. Salem and Ms. Agrawal, for their excellent work planning and coordinating it. I will never forget this J-Term!

Comments

Popular Posts